Wth the Rugby World Cup just about upon us, and numerous visitors hitting our shores I thought I would take a look at some souvenirs that they may want to take home with them…..I don’t know about you but you can keep the tacky Made in China crap most of the souvenir shops sell, when I visit somewhere I want to buy something that is made in the country I’m in, is made with love and attention, is something I’ll actually want in my house, and will evoke memories from my travels. Hopefully we can find some of that inspiration for our visitors in the upcoming posts.
I thought I would start off with the Kiwi – pretty standard souvenir fodder – something first for the adults:
1. Large Flax Kiwi @ Huhu Store $150
2. Kiwi Lampshade by Pookie
3. Ceramic Kiwi @ Texan Art School $45
4. Rugby World Cup Cushions @ Clever Bastards $88
And for the kiddies:
1. Cuddly Kiwi Cushion @ Whare $59
2. Keko Kiwi Pullalong toy @ Endemic World $36
3. Good Night Kiwi T-shirt @ Mr Vintage $29.95
4. Kiki and Kura the Kiwi @ Mummade $27
Yep thats much better than the standard souvenir shop offerings, don’t you agree?!
Until next time…happy travels